Monday, December 3, 2007

Mr's note

Most blogs are done by the wife and most husbands know to keep quiet.
Only a few days before blast off. We know when we are leaving and where we are going, but we really don't know how long we will be gone. We also don't know for sure that we will be able to bring both our daughters home. We will not know anything for sure until our appointment with the SDA.

I really did not want to go during the Christmas season, but we have no say. I hate to leave my family at this time of year. Our sons understand. I think they get the big picture.

One thing that amazes me is some people's attitude about international adoption.
We did not decide to adopt outside the US to get a white or beautiful child. I was more interested in Russia or Ukraine because the older children have little chance for adoption and their future's are very possibly bleak. I really don't like justifying what I am doing to people who don't understand.

"He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
A quote by Jim Elliott.

No comments: