Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We Have Our Court Date

Boys and girls. Take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Our court date is July 10th. We had planned to go home after receiving such good news.This morning we looked at air fare. We did some math and decided to go home for almost two weeks. Anyone who has been here knows nothing is simple. We have train tickets to Kiev. Air was faster, but not available. We find out our travel agent who gets us the good deals is on vacation. The "good" judge is on vacation also. That is why we have a July 10th court date. So, back to the internet to find round trip tickets. That would have been a simple task if we could charge a minimum of 3,800 for plane tickets. With the cost of air fare and the amount of time we would be home, we have decided to stay in beautiful S-town.
We bought our facilitator a fair well City Pizza dinner and sent him home tonight.June says she isn't upset over the last two days, but Papa knows better. I'm going to buy minutes for the phone and stop off at the beer tent before heading home.

Papa

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! Another two weeks before court! Did you at least get the judge I recommended? I agree, no way I'd spend that much cash to come home for less than two weeks. I'm sure your boys can survive an extra few days on their own. Our days here are going better, and hotter; hope your days are good and cooler, at least!

It's been about 3 weeks of 95-100 degree heat! Ughh! It's not even July yet!

Natalie

Dave Baldacchino said...

Hi guys, sorry to hear it took you so long to get a court date and that it's too far into the future. My ticket back to Houston is for the 3rd July but I'm not holding my breath :) Even if we make it by then, I doubt we'll be able to get tickets for the kids. Good luck!

Tami said...

I'm so sorry you're having such a long wait. We'll be thinking of your over the coming days.