Saturday, June 6, 2009

Morning Flight

We are flying to Kiev, Ukraine in the morning. It is here. June is right, I can't decide what to take. We have three check in bags, maybe four, that are right at fifty pounds each. The more you take as donations and gifts, the less room you have for your own clothes. You want to take the best for the kids and then have to cram your clothes in a carry on bag.

I must take my journal. Last trip it helped to write down what happened that day. You do a lot, and you see a lot, and some days are pretty darn emotional. I write what we have endured that day in my journal and then, just maybe, I can close my eyes at the end of the day. Sometimes not.

If there is anything anyone wants from Kiev or Stakhanov, let me know. How about a pair of pointy Ukraine shoes? Maybe a Ukraine disco CD?
S&T, I wish I could bring you a Premium Bologna pizza from City Pizza. Better yet, we'll just meet you there for pizza and piva.

Papa Dennis

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A big welcome to y'all! I laughed at your pointy shoes remark. My husband couldn't understand why the men wore them. They are awful! Speaking of awful, what about those horribly ugly jeans they all wear. I don't know where they get the idea this stuff looks good???

Sorry for the rant. Unlike you I want to go home already! 6 weeks here is way too long!

Blessings on your stay! I will keep reading your posts.

Barb

Steve and Carol Ellisor said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging note on our blog. We will be praying for your trip tomorrow.
Blessings,
Carol and Steve

Dunham Family said...

I am looking forward to following you while you are there. Will be praying you through it, just as you did for us!!

S and T said...

Mammy and Pappy,
I wish we could meet you for pizza and piva at City Pizza and top the evening off with Mar-O-shin-ah!!
Love, Roomies

Natalie said...

Just think, we'll both be in the air at the same time - you on your way across the Atlantic and us on our way back to TX.

Best of luck for a quick trip. Yarek has only told me he wants to give griven to Peter and Kolya. I'll ask about any more kids.

Thanks,
Natalie