Thursday, June 25, 2009

Waiting

Today we visited T as usual. After, we decided not to call a taxi, but walk a little bit towards town. We walked all the way back to the apartment. It was my idea to keep going. We stopped and ate lunch at a bar/restaraunt Karina suggested.
The food was good, but I think it makes a better bar than a restaraunt.

At the city park, there were taxis there. No! Not when we are so close. Well, within a mile and a half anyway. I looked at it as an adventure. The girls didn't agree with that, something about needing the bath room. We left the orphanage at 1:30 and it was well after 4:00 when we got to the apartment. Maybe I am just a little crazy, but I'm not dangerous. It was fun.

Every day T seems to accept me just a little more. I am relieved to see a little progress. I hug her and give her a kiss on top of the head. I told her today that I would always do that, and she gave me a smile.

Papa

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad to see y'all are getting your exercise! Even I never had the courage to walk all the way back from the internat, and I only had to go to the hotel. Of course, it was cold and snowy while I was there.

Natalie

Unknown said...

Are you guys in Kiev? Do you have anyway of transportation? I certainly would like to meet with you. Let me know.
Barb

S and T said...

I can't believe you walked all the way from the orphanage to the apt. I'm impressed. That is a long way. Did you stop at the Blue Moon and have a snack? I hope June was wearing her comfy new shoes :-).

Unknown said...

Missing our eating out together. I have been thinking of you all. We got a court date July 15th. We will be back on the 12th. Do you need or want me to bring you anything. Sorry Mexican food won't keep. :) Rhonda