Friday, May 1, 2009

I-171h Update

I've been exchanging emails with our local USCIS office. One of my friends suggested to ask for a faxed copy of our approval letter, another said to ask for an electronic copy. This was their response:

"Due to Personal Identifiable Information Protection we are no longer
able to send anything with your personal identification on it through
email or fax."

BUT -- "Your approval letter is ready for pickup today if you so desire."

I did so desire. It's a good thing the office isn't that far from my house. I made it barely in time. Mostly because I went to the wrong building first. It seems that you mail the I-1600a to one address and then it is forwarded to the proper department.

The most important thing is that the last of the dossier papers are at the post office on their way today to be apostilled!!!

6 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! How nice that they let you pick it up in person.

Natalie said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Glad you could pick the I171h up!!!

Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

Dave Baldacchino said...

That's great news!!! Beats waiting 2 weeks to get it in the mail! If you sent everything to Austin today with a return envelope via LoneStar, you might get them back by Friday of next week, especially if you wrote a letter explaining your situation (we did!). Ohhh and then maybe we can carry them to Ukraine with us!

S and T said...

Start the countdown for your travel date! Good news!

Gina said...

Yeah!!! that is such a good feeling when the last paperwork is done. Keeping a close eye on your blog for updates...for your return trip.

Regina Dunn said...

I am very excited for you guys, it sounds like you are on the fast track. Do you have a 1 year waiting period on the Ukraine side? I would love to visit with you about some questions I have after our trip to Ukraine and the new information we received concerning our adoption process.