Sunday, September 20, 2009

Memories

Tonight I watched a little girl playing with stickers and found myself thinking back. One day I bought as many little notebooks and stickers I could find and took them to the kids at the orphanage. There was one little boy who got upset a little and I sat there and watched him pull stickers and stick them in his notebook, while he sniffed and wiped his eyes. It was something special to him. He wanted my approval on what he had done. His name was Losha, but I called him my Tic Tac buddy, because I took him Tic Tacs every day until I began to worry about his teeth. I thought how bad this boy needs someone to care about him.
On my wall in my bedroom I have an 8x10 picture of my closest friend there, Tonya and her little brother, Aundrey. Tonya will age out of the system very soon and she is in my prayers daily. I also have a picture of my girl, Nastia. This picture was taken with a cheap camera one of the kids gave me to develop pictures. She is laying on her cot and you can see the loneliness and despair of this child. Those of you who have been there know from experience.

Papa Dennis

No comments: