Saturday, June 21, 2008

Changes

Karina went to the doctor this week just for a check-up. The doctor that did her examination in Ukraine, said that she detected a heart murmur. Well, our doctor didn't. They also measured how tall she was. They had a chart on the wall and she was 55 1/2 inches tall. That means she has grown over three inches in two months!

I was recently looking at pictures while we were in Kiev waiting on the passport. There is really a difference in her looks. I'm wondering how tall she'll be and how much she'll change in a year.

She's picked up several English phrases. 'That's a great idea', 'Very good', 'Put your clothes on'. Can you tell some of the things she hears around here? lol She uses 'put your clothes on' when referring to clothes in any context. Yesterday, we went out to eat with some friends. The husband said something and Karina responded 'Oh, well'. She opened the ketchup bottle and said 'Open the door'. Oh, well, she had the idea anyway. I wish she would understand 'that doesn't match' though. It seems like she pairs her clothes in like colors. Or colors she 'thinks' are alike. I can't get across the idea, yet anyway, that pink and orange don't go together!!

PS - 'put your clothes on' just means change out of play clothes or pajamas. I started worrying that someone might get the wrong idea:0

1 comment:

Kevin and Pam said...

I got your comments on my blog and I read thru several of your posts. Funny, I have read some of your blog several times before. Since I didn't start from the beginning I had a hard time understanding where you where in the process... Anyway, I get it now! How great you got your kid(s)? I haven't read that far yet. It looks like you might have only brought one home? While reading I notice you had some of the same feelings I am feeling now. That is what I enjoy most about reading these blogs. I look forward to reading more soon.