Friday, November 16, 2007

Three Weeks to Go!

The time that we have been anticipating is rapidly approaching. When we started this process almost a year ago it seemed like the time to fly to Ukraine would never get here and now it seems like we may not have enough time to do everything we need to do!

The bags are almost packed. The only bad thing about packing so early is that I keep thinking about how to pack them more efficiently. I have packed and re-packed them several times now.

We have most of our cash ready, but have had a very difficult time getting unmarked, unfolded bills. I guess the banks have this request so much that they just give people whatever they have on hand. I've never really noticed the condition of bills until we HAD to have ones in really good condition.

We have done some home improvement around the house. Maybe this is part of bringing new children into our home, but I have also been very busy weeding out and getting rid of as much clutter as possible. This is not an easy task!

Another project that I would like to do before we go is list the essential things that we are taking to put here on the blog for those who go after us. These are things that I've read that other people take and what friends that have been over there suggest. We'll see how essential they are after we're over there. I have really enjoyed reading other's blogs who are there adopting their children.

One reason that time will pass quickly is that we will be out of town for four days for the TX BEST competition. Our youngest son will have an opportunity to drive the Team robot in the TX Tech stadium. He doesn't have that many more years in High school, so these opportunities are limited since the competition is only once a year. Our oldest son is studying CAD in College because he learned it by being on the BEST team and found that is something he absolutely loves to do. And is very good at it, I might add:)

Our daughter, even though she lives in another state, is very excited about having little sisters. She told me about her plans to take them shopping. She always wanted a sister, but ended up with two younger brothers. (They are not smaller than she is:)
Oh, she loves her brothers very much and they love her, but I think almost every girl wants a sister, too.

I am very sad that we will miss Lily's birthday, but we will just have to have a belated birthday party when we arrive. I wonder if they celebrate the children's birthdays in the orphanages?

1 comment:

Tami said...

When is your SDA appt? Ours is Dec. 5th.