Monday, April 14, 2008

We're DONE!!!

We received our visa today at 2:30pm Ukraine time! We have flights reserved, but now we have to work out some details. There are two airports in our city. One is fifteen minutes away and the other is over an hour and a half, with no traffic. Guess which one we are tentatively booked to fly into? I'm sure we'll get it all worked out and hopefully will be home tomorrow night!

We met a mom today that has been here in Ukraine for almost 14 weeks! She and her husband have adopted 4 older children. Not all are biological siblings. After all the trials it's nice to be reminded of why we started this journey in the first place. But, I really, really miss home.

Hopefully the next post will be from home :)

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to those posts from home. Please let us know how you're doing when you are able. What a delight to read that you're now done.
Enjoy those hugs from your family!! :-D

Tami said...

YIPPEEEEEEE!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to hear that you're enjoying the comforts of home. I know my dryer never looked so good! ;>)

Lori said...

Hi, my name is Lori Jackson. And I am friends with the woman you met yesterday. She posted a link here and I wanted to come by and tell you thank you. I am a missionary in Ukraine and my heart is for youth. And more recently turning towards orphans and street children. Thank you for listening to God and following Him as He is building your family. And know that you are blessing others (myself very much included) though your minsistry of adopting. Know that I am praying for you as you return home!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Nataliya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Leslie said...

Safe travels!