Thursday, April 17, 2008

Joy

Yesterday morning I watched Karina ride her bicycle way before I had planned on getting up. After traveling all day the day before. It has been over a year since we began this journey. Except for us talking in Russian, no one would know.

No one can know what a life changing experience this has been except the ones who have made that commitment. It was harder than I ever expected it to be, but I have gotten more from this experience than I could have ever imagined. In Kiev I met people who were there adopting for the same reason I was. I met a woman adopting four teenage children. Absolutely amazing.

We had the pleasure of spending time with a couple we met during the host program and their two new children. I had the Joy of experiencing plane, train and taxi rides, snow and sub zero weather, stinky socks, and weeks in a foreign country. I also got to meet and know personally, children living in an orphanage in a foreign country whose faces will always be with me.

We brought Karina home to a new life and she has fallen into place like the last piece in a puzzle.
Dennis

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Welcome Home, welcome home! Enjoy your family. (And how good *did* that first load of clothes feel fresh out of the dryer? LOL) What a delight it must be to watch Karina enjoy, explore, and interact. Looking forward to that new family photo!

Tami said...

Welcome home!!! It is ABSOLUTE joy to watch your new children in their new environment, and to watch them grow and blossom in the weeks ahead. Congratulations! I hope you'll keep blogging.