Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time Flies.

I can't believe we have been back two weeks now. Everything is so normal. I never expected Karina to be such a normal kid. I can't believe I have a twelve year old daughter. It makes me feel old, but I am keeping up pretty good. I can't help but think of where she would be right now if we hadn't taken that chance. Where would I be?
I look back at the experience of adopting and traveling to Ukraine. Some of the hardships are starting to fade a bit and some of the happy times come to the front.
I still haven't taken the Ukraine money out of my billfold and I probably won't. It's just a reminder, like the Keiv Cross necklace I wear.
Would I do it again? Yeah. We went for two and brought home one and left thousands behind.
Dennis

3 comments:

Gina said...

Butchee Family, thank you for your testimony of your adoption journey. It has been such an encouragement to us as we have been waiting to bring our children home.

The Shiflet Family

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Hey :) This is Jenn Smith ~ I am so sorry I have not gotten to email you yet! I wanted you to know that I am thankful that we got to meet in UA and for your encouragement about homeschool! We are slowly... slowly... starting to get things moving with tiny lessons because most of what we are doing right now is just learning how to be in a family :)
LOVE Your blog and so thankful you are still posting! :)
Blessings!!! & would love it if you want to share what has worked in your homeschool experience too!
BLESSINGS :)
Jenn Smith

Charlotte Mathis said...

What a wonderful thing to adopt children this age. A challenge, but I am sure a blessing as well. If you are homeschooling you may enjoy my homeschooling blog AND NOW THEY'RE GROWN as well as my blogspot devotional blogs. It is
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Nana13/