Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Court Today

Our preliminary court appearance must have gone well because we have a court date for Thursday at 10am. The judge asked us if we knew K, when we met her, why we wanted to adopt her, if the other members of our family are in agreement to bring her into our home and if we were both in agreement. Then he asked the orphanage director questions. We're not sure exactly what they were except for asking about her family. We'll have to get all the answers later.

Since our court date is Thursday, we were hoping to head home that night but the airline we have our round-trip tickets with doesn't have any room availabe until the 17th. Our original departure date is the 24th. I was surprised that the flights are so booked out of here in January. I guess they want to get away from the freezing temperatures as much as we do! I tried to find other flights, but they are very expensive, so I'm not sure what we will do.

3 comments:

Nataliya said...

Great news about the preliminary court! Hopefully your court session on Thursday will be very easy.

Sorry about your tickets problems, I hope you'll be able to find something else for the reasonable price.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy to hear that court went well, but no flights available for a *week* after the 2nd date?? Oh groan! How frustrating. I'm sure you are beyond ready for that short (warm) respite at home during the waiting period. I sure hope a sooner flight opens up for you!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking your blog thinking about your 2nd court appearance today. I'm so excited for you and am dying to know how it went! Hopefully, you were able to find earlier (cheaper) tickets for your trip home during the waiting period. Warm hugs to the three of you! :-D